Subject: Re: performing actions based on tty lines, etc. in login(1)
To: Rafal Boni <rafal@scofflaw.coordinate.com>
From: Colin Wood <ender@is.rice.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 10/28/1996 23:50:02
> 	Once upon a time there was a lot of discussion of a implementing a
> 	system to allow login to "do something" depending on where and how
> 	the user was loggin in (a-la fbtab on the Suns)...
>
> 	Since I'd like to do something like this for my machine (well, I
> 	would actually like to disallow users coming in over the net from
> 	using plain-text passwords... But this is something that could be
> 	considered part of the puzzle...)...

If all you want to do is prevent people from logging in with cleartext
passwords, just install the ssh package and turn off telnetd and rlogind
(and rshd).  This will effectively prevent anyone from logging in without
encryption (assuming you configure sshd correctly, that is).

I hope this helps.

Later.