Subject: performing actions based on tty lines, etc. in login(1)
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rafal Boni <rafal@scofflaw.coordinate.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/28/1996 11:20:30
Folks:
	Once upon a time there was a lot of discussion of a implementing a
	system to allow login to "do something" depending on where and how
	the user was loggin in (a-la fbtab on the Suns)...

	Since I'd like to do something like this for my machine (well, I
	would actually like to disallow users coming in over the net from
	using plain-text passwords... But this is something that could be
	considered part of the puzzle...)...

	I'd like to know if (a) someone is working on it, (b) if nobody is
	working on it if there was ever a consensus among "those that matter"
	what the limits of said system should be (I recall people coming up
	with pretty elaborate proposals and others complaining about the
	level of complexity...), (c) if nobody is working on it if one of the
	people that put out proposals would like to talk about getting at least
	some amount of it implemented (yes, that's me volunteering if the need
	is there and if it will be considered for inclusion in the tree...).

Thanks for your time.
--rafal

(I will go and look through the archives but I don't recall anyone actually
 getting past the proposal stage, so I guess the important question here is
 (a))

----
Rafal Boni                                        rafal@scofflaw.coordinate.com
Software Engineer                                                Coordinate.com
(All opinions are my own)                     51 Sawyer Road, Waltham, MA 02154