Subject: Re: arch on ftp.netbsd.org
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Holo.Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: current-users
Date: 10/27/1996 05:53:07
>> I just setup a mirror of netbsd.org, and I noticed it no longer fits
>> on 1 2.1g drive.

> One thing that would help a lot would be our getting rid of very old
> releases.  I'll do my best to free up what I can...

Well, I'll just note that I recently was very glad 1.0 was still up for
ftp, 'cause nothing later seems to be set up to be installed from HP-UX
on an hp300.  (I didn't need the full release, just the install/ and
binary/ stuff....)

I guess I'd ask that before old releases are trashed, someone
appropriate could verify that in fact no functionality has been lost
between that release and some release that is still around.  (Like, in
my case, installing from HP-UX instead of over the net.)

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca
		     01 EE 31 F6 BB 0C 34 36  00 F3 7C 5A C1 A0 67 1D