Subject: Re: Patches for binutils-2.7 and NetBSD
To: Valtteri Vuorikoski <vuori@k.notcom.org>
From: Curt Sampson <curt@portal.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 10/22/1996 09:24:37
Hmm. It seems likely to be something to do with running under
Solaris, since most of my cross-development when I was testing was
hosted on a Sparc running NetBSD and targeted to an i386.

Have you tried linking the .o file from the assembler under NetBSD?
If that doesn't work, the problem is still with the assembler, most
likely.

Send me (via private e-mail) a copy of a simple C program that dies
when compiled and linked on your Sparc, (hello, world), the .s
assembler output of gcc (using `gcc -S hello.c'), and the object
file produced with `cc -c hello.c', and I'll have a look at them.

cjs

Curt Sampson    curt@portal.ca		Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.