Subject: Re: how to increase the trx rate using kermit
To: None <c5666305@comp.polyu.edu.hk>
From: Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/21/1996 16:25:50
>From: <c5666305@comp.polyu.edu.hk>
>Date: Sun, 20 Oct 1996 19:34:38 +0800 (HKT)

>I recently tried to use kermit to download some files from my
University and found that the transfer rate is very slow.  I had tried
to use the

>kermit -s filename -p n -e 1025 -v 6 -i
>
>at the host machine.
>
>Is there any tricks to increase the trx rate.  If so, please teach
me. Thanks.

The -e option only controls the receive packet length, so it does
nothing when you are sending a file.  You need to ensure that whatever
you are using on your local machine to receive the file is also using
extended packet sizes and multiple windows.
--
Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>     <URL:http://www.shore.net/~mikel>