Subject: Re: procmail[12317]: Out of memory as I tried to allocate 16781357 bytes
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Christoph Badura <bad@flatlin.ka.sub.org>
List: current-users
Date: 10/21/1996 00:41:00
Curt Sampson writes:
>That's the problem. You have to hardwire it; it always fails flock()
>in the locking tests.

It does?  I can find no evidence that flock() fails in the locking
tests if it's the only lock method used.

Of course, the default locking tests find that fcntl locking is the
way to go but in actual production use this causes procmail to hang if
used as the local delivery agent on an almost-1.2 system.  Either the
locking tests or our fcntl locking is broken.

--
Christoph Badura	bad@flatlin.ka.sub.org

You don't need to quote my .signature.  Everyone has seen it by now.
Besides, it doesn't add anything to the current thread.