Subject: Re: Current kernel has routing problems?
To: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
From: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/16/1996 05:35:45
On 16 Oct 1996, Michael Graff wrote:
> Dave Huang <khym@bga.com> writes:
>
> > I just upgraded to current, and now when I boot, I get this error:
> >
> > Oct 15 20:48:11 dahan routed[78]: sendto(ep0, 224.0.0.2): No route to host
>
> I have not seen this.

Have you upgraded your userland programs too? Specifically /sbin/routed? I
tried going back to the routed from 1.2 and everything works now.

So... anyone know what's up with the new routed?

> With the number of problems you are having, I have to ask...  Would a
> i386 -current binary snapshot help?  It would just be a tar file or
> three, nothing special.

If you have installed the -current routed and aren't having these
problems, then sure :) Perhaps I could just get a kernel and routed first
and see what happens, then get a full snapshot if that doesn't work.
Thanks...
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 20 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++