Subject: Re: bogus gprof timings...
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@solon.com>
From: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@ux2.sp.cs.cmu.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 10/16/1996 01:01:31
> At least one other person has apparently seen these, but does anyone
> know of a *cure* for them?
>
> The symptom is that gprof() reports ludicrous amounts of time spent, say,
> in "start" - perhaps 775 seconds out of an 8 second run.

So, i mentioned something in private mail previously which i don't
recall you saying you tried:

I found that, on the Alpha, i saw similar results when my binaries
still had local and debugging symbols present.  'strip -x' or 'strip
-X' (try them both, see if either helps) would cure it for me.

I never bothered to track down the real cause of the problem, however.

chris