Subject: Re: Two Copies of Libcrypt? (fwd)
To: NetBSD-current Users <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Curt Sampson <curt@portal.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 10/09/1996 16:43:18
On Thu, 10 Oct 1996, Stephen Ma wrote:

> The crypt.c in src/lib/libcrypt is the crippled one for export (it
> appears to have decryption disabled, so it's only really useful for
> passwd file encryption). The one in src/domestic/lib/libcrypt
> presumably has the working decryption. (I wouldn't know, since I'm not
> allowed to download it to find out).

Oh, I see. So it is the case, indeed. Amazing how I could get thrown
in jail for showing someone those three little lines of code. :-)
(I would have figured this out in the first place had I been smart
enough to do a context diff instead of a normal diff.)

BTW, American folks, I'm in Canada, which is the one nation in the
world that ITAR lets you export to without let or hinderance. Though
it can really take some convincing when you talk to some US Customs
officials....

cjs

Curt Sampson    curt@portal.ca		Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.