Subject: `Old' install (1.1) problem - fixed ?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Darren Reed <darrenr@cyber.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 10/08/1996 20:36:57
I'm just getting around to installing NetBSD 1.1 on an Amiga 3000 - it is
an interesting experience:

* Sun SCSI CD-ROM drive with 512 byte blocks rather than 2048 that leads
  to the system hanging if any attempt to access a CD is made;

* pppd which refuses to start (no /etc/ppp/options - not on the miniroot)
  and which refused to run as "chroot /mnt pppd" if copied over. This pppd
  doesn't grok the -f command line option either.

The first is just a hazard I guess, but the second, does anyone know if this
is better for 1.2 ?  (I will probably try install all over when I get a 1.2
CD ROM).  Or even if there is some more docs on how to run pppd when you've
booted from the miniroot ?

Darren