Subject: Re: Removing Empty Directories from a CVS Checkout
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Jan-Hinrich Fessel <oskar@unna.ping.de>
List: current-users
Date: 10/06/1996 22:19:04
--==_Exmh_718294496P

In message <199610060634.XAA17308@lestat.nas.nasa.gov>you write:
> On Sat, 5 Oct 1996 23:35:01 -0700 (PDT)
>  Curt Sampson <curt@portal.ca> wrote:
>
>  > Has someone got a utility to remove empty directories (those with
>  > only a CVS subdirectory in them) from a CVS checkout? A few of
>  > these appear in my tree because of moved or deleted files since I
>  > started my NetBSD repository, and this blows up things like `make
>  > obj'.
>  >
>  > I just thought I'd ask before I wrote one of my own.
>
> use the -P option to `co' and `update' ... it will prune directories
> which don't contain any revision-controlled files.

That's fine, but how do i get these empty directories?
I sup into a local reference tree.
I do an import into another CVS master tree.
How can I remove directories and files deleted by sup in the reference tree
from the CVS master tree?
I did not find any option for cvs import that even tells me that files in the
CVS master tree are no longer present in the tree imported.

Gruesse
       Oskar

 					Tragbar ist, was nicht herunterfaellt.
						    oskar@zappa.unna.ping.de

--==_Exmh_718294496P

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: 2.6.3i

iQCVAwUBMlgUN7A63tqjeAhZAQEvaQQAnewN0Hvh4uAzqpl3Anje8o7Bj8hHTYdn
JgbO189eYzFQzUn/SDX6bH41L6n3tg4evWfI6ytkLsGgR0dDImpOZmUi0Ziyh0Lz
FbDlbFRZB9Te0EVivjccTVVQYY6JsrLxWA4bX8aUJAFhoNy5jHI99M8y2vEExYSh
T9Bxy4KQeYw=
=QHvC
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

--==_Exmh_718294496P--