Subject: Re: Mac<->Unix file mirroring
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Laine Stump <laine@MorningStar.Com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/06/1996 17:58:39
Sorry for sending this to the list, but I only caught the followup, and
it doesn't have the original poster's email address.

On Sat, 5 Oct 1996 22:02:49 GMT, rjj@medialab.com ("Richard Johnson")
wrote:
>I've tried two fairly easy ways to set up transparent edit/save between
>Macs and unix machines.  Both, however, are commercial (though almost
>cheap).

>You could use NFSShare on your Mac ($~100 commercial software from
>Intercon, www.intercon.com) to let the Mac act as an NFS client.

>Or you could use BBEdit ($~40 commercial software from Bare Bones,
>www.barebones.com).

Or, you could just install and run Emacs 19.34 on your NetBSD machine.
It has full color syntax-sensitive dislpay just like all the recent PC
editors. And it's free.

You can get emacs from prep.ai.mit.edu:/pub/gnu/emacs-19.34.tar.gz