Subject: Re: firewall/gateway/proxy question
To: Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com <michaelv@MindBender.serv.net>
From: Greg Baldwin <drizzit@eskimo.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/04/1996 14:56:06
Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com wrote:

> I'm looking for suggestions on what to run to do this.
>
> I have two other machines (one
> Windows NT, and one NetBSD) behind it, which I would like to gateway
> through it.  However, with only this single IP# to the outside world.

You have two programs that you could run.  One of them is called TIA
(The Internet Adapter) and the other is called SLIRP.  They will run on
your NetBSD machine (the
one with the static IP), and users on your NT box and your 2nd BSD will
just look
like users from your main machine.  Normally it is done over a serial
link (ie,
modem) and any TCP stack that supports SLIP/CSLIP or PPP will work with
it.

I have used it to link my PC running Win95 to my Amiga running
NetBSD1.1, and it
worked great.  To the outside world, both machines looked as if they
were my BSD
box, yet DCC's and FTPs still worked fine on the Win95 box.