Subject: Re: READ ME: Changes in EXEC_* and COMPAT_* options.
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Guenther Grau <s_grau@ira.uka.de>
List: current-users
Date: 10/02/1996 20:43:52
Hi Chris,

> If you fail to include the right set of EXEC_* options in your
> newly-build kernels (or do not recompile your kernel from scratch
> after adding the options), you will most likely see behaviour where
> binaries that used to run fine will no longer run.  It's possible
> to configure a kernel which has _NO_ executable support.  Unless
> your kernel supports the port's native executable format, you WILL NOT
> BE ABLE TO BOOT.

Does this mean that any port, or even anbody on his/her own system can
switch to a different execution model? Can I switch my Amiga or my PC
to use ELF instead of a.out, iff I have all the binaries and libraries
available in ELF? Guess not. What needs to be done to achieve this?

> just thought you (REALLY! 8-) ought to know.

What a nice thinking-ahead guy you are :-)

  Guenther