Subject: Re: SNMPD for NetBSD
To: Alistair G. Crooks <azcb0@sde.uts.amdahl.com>
From: Jan-Hinrich Fessel <oskar@unna.ping.de>
List: current-users
Date: 10/02/1996 20:09:15
--==_Exmh_2008453264P

In message <m0v8Ma2-0001NwC@amdahl.uts.amdahl.com>you write:
> Sorry, overlooked my patch file. However, doesn't the if_xname
> filed in NetBSD include the name and the unit?  What I did was
> to eliminate the appending of the unit number if we're compiling
> under NetBSD.

That's what I did, too.
runs so far, but extensible components dump core in fgets().
And, disk usage isn't possible, because it accesses the block device, which is
busy while mounted.
I am working on a elegant workaround.

There are also lots of symbols (e.g. _proc) that are not fpound in the kernel,
but that's mostly because of -lkvm, I hope...

Gruesse
       Oskar

 					Tragbar ist, was nicht herunterfaellt.
						    oskar@zappa.unna.ping.de

--==_Exmh_2008453264P

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: 2.6.3i

iQCVAwUBMlKvy7A63tqjeAhZAQEf8wQAjzaXKFqHKXx4pfzWbUX1B3lH10jI3wEX
RjshuiYOd7gWRYY0Fo6FwDQU+nTRSC4ew0KYCJ7O6Ken9ZeVr2B1HH6du4ve4vhr
l+vGRTo+6S5psxbnkjnnXbDyJgPLe+sFwc/SGeA0Pw7secwQYcZJl1gH85XxGjHU
2kKtokmEpoc=
=Z6cn
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

--==_Exmh_2008453264P--