Subject: Re: SNMPD for NetBSD
To: Alistair G. Crooks <azcb0@sde.uts.amdahl.com>
From: Neil J. McRae <neil@EASYNET.NET>
List: current-users
Date: 10/02/1996 11:42:07
On Tue, 01 Oct 1996 16:04:26 +0100
 "Alistair G. Crooks" <azcb0@sde.uts.amdahl.com> alleged:

> There's one in ISODE 8.0 patchlevel something, I can't remember if it
> compiled or not.  I don't have a URL for the CMU snmpd, but I think
> it's fairly old hat now.  There's one that compiles out of the box on
> NetBSD/i386 1.2, though:

ISODE doesn't compile.

> 	ftp://ftp.ece/ucdavis.edu/pub/snmp/ucd-snmp-3.1.0.1.tar.gz

This didn't compile out of the box on my 1.2 machine :-)

> The author says that it's used on NetBSD 1.1. There are separate
> definitions for SNMPV1, SNMPV2 and SNMPV2AUTH.

When I did get it compiled I found that it was quite badly broken in the
maths department. The figures reported on interface load are quite wrong.

Thanks anyway,

Neil.
--
Neil J. McRae. Alive and Kicking.          E A S Y N E T  G R O U P  P L C
neil@EASYNET.NET        NetBSD/sparc: 100% SpF (Solaris protection Factor)