Subject: Re: Diaspora, politics, and MI
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Christoph Badura <>
List: current-users
Date: 09/27/1996 23:54:00
Chris Demetriou writes:

>I also pointed out that if he'd [Jukka Marin] for example asked me to read his code
>-- rather than just randomly flaming to the mailing lists that the
>code didn't go in, and then pointing a finger at me when i tryed to
>indicate that maybe it wasn't all our fault -- that he'd have gotten
>a lot further than he has or likely will if he continues his current

Ignoring the flame part for the moment...

But, Chris, you are the port master for the Alpha, if I'm not
mistaken, and the driver in question is for the i386[1][2].

If I were to submit a i386 driver, I would try to talk to the i386
port master and, failing to get a response, to Core.  But not to you.
Perhaps I'd send in a PR.

>Despite the thoughts of a few people, flaming the NetBSD developers is
>not the way to encourage their cooperation or get your source code
>into the tree.

Agreed.  However, I can understand Jukka's frustration on the issue
and think his reaction is an attempt to get any form of attention.

I, for one, have yet to receive a response in any way shape or form to
my mails to  I don't intend to send mail to that
address again, as it seems to be a complete waste of time.  I have
also been mostly ignored by Charles in during the last year.
Espcially when he was speeking for Core.

I do realise that sometimes e-mail gets lost in a mail folders.  That
happens to me too.  However, I believe an effort should be made to
answer in some form, however short it is, all mail to

[1] I don't know how many "current users" realise that you have been
working on i386 machines before you got involved with the Alpha port.

[2] I realise that the Cyclades driver is a candidate for a MI driver.
Especially since there is a PCI version of the board.
Christoph Badura

You don't need to quote my .signature.  Everyone has seen it by now.
Besides, it doesn't add anything to the current thread.