Subject: Re: How do I compile "THE" sources?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG, ram@cv.jinr.dubna.su>
From: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@polder.ubc.kun.nl>
List: current-users
Date: 09/23/1996 15:45:03
Anatoly Raportirenko <ram@cv.jinr.dubna.su> wrote in response to a (message from Greg Earle on Thu, 19 Sep 1996 18:54:16 -0700):
> > But meanwhile, let's ask the interesting question: How can someone in Russia
> > build the U.S. export-restricted "domestic" tree, hmmn?
>
>    Sorry. For interest only. This both my computers and only me run it. I will
> recomile NetBSD sorces as soon as possible.

Well, there have been patches available to convert the encryption-only
DES routines to do decryption as well. But even without those, anyone
with a copy of any decent DES implementation can think of them hirself.
With a copy of a book like Applied Cryptography (a very good book) this
becomes child's play.  DES is quite hard to make encryption-only, given
its very symmetric nature.

> Anatoly
-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert      D787B44DFC896063 4CBB95A5BD1DAA96
\X/ Ceci n'est pas un Magritte          rhialto@polder.ubc.kun.nl