Subject: Stupid printer question
To: Current Users <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 09/22/1996 19:16:06
(If this is not the proper place for asking this, then what is?)

I have written a print filter which understands PS, HPGL, Gerber, ASCII,
and PDF file formats.  This filter reads from stdin and writes to stdout.
How do I set up a printer entry in /etc/printcap?  I need the output to
go to a remote printer over network.  The data coming out from the filter
should not be changed in any way (it's all binary).

I had things working just fine when I had the filter piping it's output
to lpr again, but then I changed it to use stdout and can't make it work.

Any help appreciated.

  -jm

--

                     ---> http://www.jmp.fi/~jmarin/ <---