Subject: Re: sprintf -> snprintf
To: Kevin P. Neal <kpneal@pobox.com>
From: David Brownlee <david@mhm-internet.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/22/1996 09:56:25
On Sat, 21 Sep 1996, Kevin P. Neal wrote:

> I have a Sun 3/60, and a 3/260, the 260 can have up to 32 mb of RAM
> (whenever my roommate gets me the card he owes me). The 260 also has
> sc scsi.

	NetBSD/sun3 does not currently support the sc card - I believe
	der Mouse was working on a driver a while back. I dont believe
	the card can support DMA anyway, so it would be a mite sluggish
	(then again 32Mb of ram forgives a lot of ills :)

>  [...]
>
> Opinions on what would be the best machine to get working, please. I
> don't think I can get more than one machine working (funding, sigh).
> Which is faster, the dec2100 or the mv-2? How do these two compare to
> a 20-25mhz 68020 box?

	Any mips based CPU is going to walk all over a microvax - I
	remember at rhbnc.ac.uk using a decstation 2100 and a vax3X00 (I
	think - anyway the vax number was bigger than the dec one :),
	and I think they had the same amount of ram. The decstation felt
	five of six times faster than the vaxstation... decwindows was
	almost usable :)

>  [...]

	My money would be on the decstation first, it may not have shared
	libraries (quite yet), and its using an old scsi driver, but it
	should have more legs than anything else you have :)

	Good luck!

		David