Subject: Re: A flaw in the handling of removable SCSI devices?
To: John F. Woods <>
From: Justin T. Gibbs <>
List: current-users
Date: 09/21/1996 09:50:48
>I have a Syquest EZ-135 drive, which once in a great while appears to
>return UNIT ATTENTION for no obvious reason.
>messages.5:Sep 18 15:40:01 jfwhome /netbsd: sd4(aha0:4:0): unit attention, dat
>a = 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
>If it is mounted at the time, this renders the drive unusable until I

Can you find out what the ASC and ASQ are for that sense operation?
I think that you will get more specific information about what caused
the UNIT ATTENTION by looking at them and that the code in scsi_base.c
should be more restrictive in what causes it to believe it should
invalidate the media.

Justin T. Gibbs
  FreeBSD: Turning PCs into workstations