Subject: Re: NetBSD master CVS tree commits
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Christos Zoulas <>
List: current-users
Date: 09/21/1996 16:00:40
In article <> (Chris G Demetriou) writes:

>short answer:
>systm.h should _never_ be included by user-land code.

And it is not; it is included by kernel code compiled in userland. Semantics.

>If this is to fix ffs_subr.c, then fix ffs_subr.c to not include
>systm.h if !_KERNEL.

This is exactly the reason. If I do what you suggest, then I'll need to
put somewhere a prototype for panic...  Or ifdef the code so that it
does not use panic, but uses some other function. If I use that other
function, then I need to bring somehow its prototype into scope.