Subject: Re: sprintf -> snprintf
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@solon.com>
From: George Michaelson <ggm@connect.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 09/21/1996 15:30:23
  I'm mildly opposed to introducing a dependancy on a non-standard feature,
  but on the other hand, snprintf may well be in C9X, so... :)

Sound reasoning. I don't neccessarily say we strip sprintf() out of libc but
I do think Jason's observed set of setuid/setgid makes a good candidate
list to change.

Thats no more a "dependency" than any 4.4BSD feature not in the various
4.3 derived UNIXen and a damn site less than some of them foist back on us.

-George
--
George Michaelson         |  connect.com.au pty/ltd
Email: ggm@connect.com.au |  c/o AAPT,