Subject: Re: sprintf -> snprintf
To: Peter Seebach <>
From: George Michaelson <>
List: current-users
Date: 09/21/1996 15:30:23
  I'm mildly opposed to introducing a dependancy on a non-standard feature,
  but on the other hand, snprintf may well be in C9X, so... :)

Sound reasoning. I don't neccessarily say we strip sprintf() out of libc but
I do think Jason's observed set of setuid/setgid makes a good candidate
list to change.

Thats no more a "dependency" than any 4.4BSD feature not in the various
4.3 derived UNIXen and a damn site less than some of them foist back on us.

George Michaelson         | pty/ltd
Email: |  c/o AAPT,
Phone: +61 7 3834 9976    |  level 8, the Riverside Centre,
  Fax: +61 7 3834 9908    |  123 Eagle St, Brisbane QLD 4000