Subject: Re: Diaspora, politics, and MI
To: None <rhialto@polder.ubc.kun.nl>
From: Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/20/1996 12:47:29
>Date: Fri, 20 Sep 1996 18:18:45 +0200 (MET DST)
>From: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@polder.ubc.kun.nl>
>
>Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com> wrote:
>> Nope, on an ISA card.  I've never seen a motherboard with a joystick
>> port.

Anyone remember the PCjr?  No?  Good.

(FWIW, my old Apple //e also had a joystick port on its motherboard :)

>Given this is current-users, and not port-i386, you are wrong.
>Amigas have joystick/mouse ports on the motherboard.
>And so do Atari STs.

Are they truly PC-compatible analog joystick ports?  i.e. is there a
single byte-wide memory location which has joystick button status bits
in the four MSBs and one-shot outputs for the joystick axes in the
four LSBs?
--
Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>     <URL:http://www.shore.net/~mikel>