Subject: Re: Diaspora, politics, and MI
To: None <mike.long@analog.com>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: current-users
Date: 09/19/1996 10:55:13
[ In the flurry, I guess I must have deleted Mike's mail before I replied
  to it, so I'm taking the opportunity to address some of his questions
  how, since Gordon quoted them... --thorpej ]

 > > In some respects, yes; but have you looked at the PR backlog lately?

"yes."  I look at it quite often.  I'd like to fix a lot of the bugs that
are reported... however, often they don't include fixes, or the fixes are
incorrect.  This poses a problem for a volunteer effort.

 > > Are people supposed to volunteer, or do we get invited?

Both.  If someone wants to volunteer to work on bug reports, they're
certainly always welcome to do so (send mail to core@NetBSD.ORG).
Occasionally, Core asks someone if they'd like access to work on
something specific, too (often at the request of a port maintainer).  In
these cases, the individual has typically had a history of working close
with port or subsystem maintainers.

Anyhow, just wanted to address that...

 -- save the ancient forests - http://www.bayarea.net/~thorpej/forest/ --