Subject: Re: Diaspora, politics, and MI
To: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@ux2.sp.cs.cmu.edu>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/19/1996 11:16:57
Chris Demetrio wrote:

> 	which is a VLB card, and therefore _can't_ be used on other systems.

So maybe it is not in the "cleanest" location now then eh?

> 	no other hardware would want the PC joystick interface.
> 	I don't think you'll find many takers on that.  8-)

"most" ISA soundcards have a joystick interface.   Iff the soundcard
was supported on another arch with isa, perhaps it would want to be
supported.

> 	(I dunno, this may be shareable, but it's a PC motherboard
> 	thing, not really an ISA thing, isn't it?)

Nope, on an ISA card.  I've never seen a motherboard with a joystick
port.

> > which are all MD drivers for ISA devices that could just
> > as easily live on a non-i386.
>
> "wrong!"  see above.

Ok, not all of them fit, but *some* of them certainly do.  My whole
point was that it would be nice if something was done, since this
problem always comes up.

> Care to come up with some more examples?  8-)

No, I can't stand the abuse.. :)

Since it sounds like the >16MB problem will be fixed shortly after
the winter olympics in hell, could someone *please* add a warning
in the adaptec driver probe/attach?

-Andrew