Subject: Re: Diaspora, politics, and MI
To: None <michaelv@MindBender.serv.net>
From: Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/19/1996 11:01:18
>Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996 00:23:40 -0700
>From: "Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com" <michaelv@MindBender.serv.net>

>Now, with that in mind, there are times I would like them to make
>certain exceptions.  But, in general, the more strict they are about
>this, the better for NetBSD in the long run.  It may not be as fancy
>as some other OS', but it's certainly cleaner, and probably a bit less
>buggy.

In some respects, yes; but have you looked at the PR backlog lately?

>I would bet money that they will be implemented eventually.  But,
>there are only so many people, with so much time, and the people
>willing and/or capable of doing this work just haven't gotten to it
>yet.  What would help most is more people who are willing and capable
>of doing this kind of work.  What would help almost as much is people
>not quite capable of that level of work, helping out with more mundane
>tasks that take time away from these other people.

Are people supposed to volunteer, or do we get invited?

What those of us without CVS access do now is send in PRs, but it's
very discouraging to send in a bug fix and have it sit in the PR
database for many months without any apparent action.
--
Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>     <URL:http://www.shore.net/~mikel>