Subject: Re: Diaspora, politics, and MI
To: Michael Graff <>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@Plexus.COM>
List: current-users
Date: 09/18/1996 16:23:01
On 18 Sep 1996, Michael Graff quotes some machine dependencies in "MI"
code.  (Note the quotes, which I purposely included in my previous
message, as well.)

However, that's not the point.  Fundamentally:

	It is logically inconsistent to move machine-independent code
	in the direction of machine *dependence*.

This statement implies nothing about the machine-dependent parts of the
tree, nor does it say that MD changes are inherently evil.  Where it makes
sense, however, every possible effort should be made to write truly MI