Subject: Re: Diaspora, politics, and MI
To: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@Plexus.COM>
List: current-users
Date: 09/18/1996 16:23:01
On 18 Sep 1996, Michael Graff quotes some machine dependencies in "MI"
code.  (Note the quotes, which I purposely included in my previous
message, as well.)

However, that's not the point.  Fundamentally:

	It is logically inconsistent to move machine-independent code
	in the direction of machine *dependence*.

This statement implies nothing about the machine-dependent parts of the
tree, nor does it say that MD changes are inherently evil.  Where it makes
sense, however, every possible effort should be made to write truly MI
code.

--scott