Subject: Re: tangent: bounce buffers.
To: Curt Sampson <curt@portal.ca>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 09/18/1996 21:30:42
> 					TOTAL	$360
>
> 					TOTAL	$235
>
> You should be able to sell the parts above at the prices I've given
> above in no time. You've now not only gotten around the bounce
> buffer problem, but saved yourself $125 in the process.

IMHO, this is all pretty stupid.  If I had an old 386 sitting around, I
would want to put it into use (ie. install NetBSD on it).  I don't care
how much a new machine or motherboard costs.  If I have one already, I
want to use it.  This is sooo stupid, there already _is_ the code for
bounce buffers, it's just that some people don't want others to have it.

Oh well, I shouldn't get into politics.  Yes, I'm a happy NetBSD user,
but sometimes I get sick when I see the .. should I say, stubborness
on the mailing lists ;-)

I hope nobody takes this too personally because I'm not trying to offend
anyone.  Thanks.  I now return you to your normal VM/pager programming.

  -jm

--

                     ---> http://www.jmp.fi/~jmarin/ <---