Subject: Re: How do I compile "THE" sources?
To: Hisashi T Fujinaka <>
From: Michael L. VanLoon -- <>
List: current-users
Date: 09/18/1996 10:37:30
>want to try to compile the rest of the stuff (at least parts of it).
>"allsrc" and I'm wondering if there's some instructions on how to go about
>compiling things. Are there architecture specific files I need to set to
>compile everything (everything besides the kernel)?

I have a script that does things in a specific order.  To be safe,
when following current, I do this (this is a shortened version,

    Install all the updated headers

	cd /usr/src
	make includes

    Remake make, in case any of the build system makefiles have
    changed, and added new functionality

	cd /usr/src/usr.bin/make
	make clean obj depend all install

    Install the new system make files

	cd /usr/src/share/mk
	make install

    Then, make the rest of the system in whatever order you desire.
    You can do a "make world", if you like.  I do libraries next, then
    proceed on to the rest of the system.

  Michael L. VanLoon