Subject: Re: How do I compile "THE" sources?
To: Hisashi T Fujinaka <htodd@leech.q7.com>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@Plexus.COM>
List: current-users
Date: 09/18/1996 12:31:44
On Wed, 18 Sep 1996, Hisashi T Fujinaka wrote:

> I couldn't get "domestic" to compile completely, so now I've supped
> "allsrc" and I'm wondering if there's some instructions on how to go about
> compiling things.

There were some problems with building the domestic tree from a "fresh"
source tree that Jason Thorpe fixed over the last few days.  Be forewarned
that a "real" domestic build is probably easier, and maybe even faster in
real time, if you build the whole tree.  (Unless someone already knows all
the pieces to touch and can list them for you. :-)

> Are there architecture specific files I need to set to
> compile everything (everything besides the kernel)?

The allsrc set contains everything you need.  At least, it should.  I've
heard various rumors of /usr/src/Makefile being missing, but they're just
rumors.

--scott