Subject: Re: SCSI CD changers supported?
To: Tom I Helbekkmo <tih@Hamartun.Priv.NO>
From: Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.NetBSD.ORG>
List: current-users
Date: 09/13/1996 18:01:03
> Sorry about that -- I didn't think it mattered at the time.  Anyway,
> it's an old Buslogic BT445S, and I'm beginning to think that the
> problem is right there.  I've found a DOS executable "scsitool.exe" on
> Buslogic's FTP site, and while it's not much of a tool, it does show
> some information on the controller and disks beyond the normal boot
> messages.  Everything looks right, except for this one statement (in
> the controller section) that says: "disconnect: no".  This leads me to
> believe that the controller itself is refusing devices on the bus to
> do disconnect/reconnect.

If the board has non-volatile storage it may be storing away a
flag not to send the IDENTIFY WITH DISCONNECT message allowing
the unit to disconnect.  If you have some kind of setup utility
for the card see if it has a way to prevent and allow a device
from disconnecting.

--
Peter Dufault               Real-Time Machine Control and Simulation
HD Associates, Inc.         Voice: 508 433 6936