Subject: Re: SCSI CD changers supported?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Tom I Helbekkmo <tih@Hamartun.Priv.NO>
List: current-users
Date: 09/12/1996 14:59:38
On 12 Sep 1996, Christoph Badura wrote:

> If the drive supports disconnect/reconnect it must support the
> IDENTIFY message.  That's a requirement of the SCSI protocol.
> [...]
> What I have described *is* SCSI-I.

OK, so I have a drive that claims to support disconnect/reconnect, but
doesn't seem to do it.  I've tried both settings of the switch, in
case the manual was wrong (I finally got hold of a copy), and I've
even opened up the thing and checked that the switch itself is OK.

How can I find out what actually happens in there?  What's the best
way to figure out exactly how the drive handles IDENTIFY messages, and
thus whether this drive (built in 1990) correctly follows SCSI-I?

Anyone have a SCSI utility that can generate commands and show results?

-tih
--
Popularity is the hallmark of mediocrity.  --Niles Crane, "Frasier"