Subject: Gravis Ultra P&P...
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Andrew K. Adams <akadams@wraith.psc.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 09/11/1996 17:26:31
I have a P166 w/Tyan motherboard (4 PCI, 5EISA slots) and am running
1.2_BETA as of mid-august.  I received a Gravis Ultra Sound Plug &
Play card and installed an additional 8Mb of RAM (yes, it's sick),
however I am not able to get NetBSD to probe the card.  I installed
the Gravis software and configured the card in DOS to be at I/O port
220, IRQ 15, DMA channel 7 and record at 5.  There is also a roland
emulation which I set to be at I/O port 330 and IRQ 9.  The DOS setup
utility was able to succesfully test the 8Mb of memory...for whatever
that is worth.  I have configured my kernel with the following line:

gus0    at isa0 port 0x220 irq 15 drq 7 flags 5 # Gravis Ultra Sound \
(flags is record drq for full-duplex)

This setting is not showing up in dmesg.  If someone was successful at
getting NetBSD to recognize this GUS card, I would very much
appreciate help.

Thanks,
Andrew Adams