Subject: Re: File Descriptors and make_child errors
To: Mark S. Burgess <mark@sandiego.com>
From: None <david@mono.org>
List: current-users
Date: 09/09/1996 11:58:10

------ =_NextPart_000_01BB9D8A.53A74760

	If you need to increase the number of processes you can
	'sysctl -w kern.maxproc=2000' (or whatever number you want :)

	You can increase the number of file descriptors from 64 to 256
	by using the (csh) limit command, or by calling setrlimit().

	A 'quick hack' approach would be to have your httpd called with
	a line similar to the following in /etc/rc.local:

echo -n ' httpd'; csh -c 'limit descriptors 256 ; exec /usr/local/etc/httpd'

	Another approach would be to switch to apache, mono.org did, and
	its a damn sight nicer & faster :)

                   David/abs             (david@mono.org)

.---- I've been too drunk to love ----.--- I've been too drunk to remember -.
|          Too drunk to care          |     The hell of the night before    |
|  Looked like death, felt like Hell  |    I've been drinking myself blind  |
`------ Been the worse for wear ------'--- And still I'll drink some more --'