Subject: Re: assertion "cp" failed.
To: Dave Huang <>
From: Brett Lymn <>
List: current-users
Date: 09/06/1996 15:35:33
According to Dave Huang:
>Suggestion for the NetBSD 1.2 release: perhaps the default should be to
>have the tags turned off? A note could be included in a README somewhere
>telling NCR users that they can turn tags on for faster performance, but
>it might make their system unstable.

Just to add my story of woe here :-)

I had all sorts of problems with a NCR card (a SC200 one) - I could
get the thing to work fine in a 486 motherboard but never in a
pentium in either DOS or NetBSD.  I grabbed another NCR card from a
friend of mine, same chip, damn near the same PCB layout and that
worked first time.  IMHO it seems that sometimes these thing just
don't work in some combinations.

  "Upgrading your memory gives you MORE RAM!" - ad in MacWAREHOUSE catalogue.