Subject: Re: another DRM Pioneer CD player problem
To: None <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Mark Willey <willeyma@expert.cc.purdue.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 09/05/1996 07:05:59
Jason Thorpe writes:

> On Tue, 3 Sep 1996 06:11:01 -0500 (EST)
>  Mark Willey <willeyma@expert.cc.purdue.edu> wrote:
>
>  > How do you get it to recognize them all?  Mine just reports one drive.
>
> Maybe busted firmware?  Maybe they use "medium changer" commands?  (i.e.
> try putting the "ch" driver in your kernel and see what happens :-)

Busted something...  I swapped the drive out and determined that it was
just broken, and that was the cause of the problems...  As far as I can
see, the ch driver did not hook up with the CDROM, so I assume it's not
capable of using those changer commands...  or maybe the driver just
doesn't recognize that drive.

Oh well, I'm taking the drive back.  I should have known better than to buy
a computer part from an establishment that also sells Cheeze Whiz.  :)

Thanks for everyone's suggestions!

Mark