Subject: Re: async I/O
To: Tom I Helbekkmo <tih@hamartun.priv.no>
From: Jan-Hinrich Fessel <oskar@zappa.unna.ping.de>
List: current-users
Date: 09/04/1996 20:03:33
--==_Exmh_-285878228P

In message <960904151927.6151A@barsoom.Hamartun.Priv.NO>you write:
> The TIOCSCTTY is needed because it's the only way xntpd will be
> allowed to do the F_SETOWN (which it must do), but a side effect is
> that it cannot do this unless it's in the background.  Thus, until
> either F_SETOWN is actually implemented under NetBSD, or some more
> complicated workaround is done for xntpd, it's impossible to run it
> with the '-d' flag.

That explains all my desparate tries getting it to run, over the last two
years I resorted running dcfd on the receiver and xntpd running off the local
clock set by dcfd...

Gruesse
       Oskar

 					Tragbar ist, was nicht herunterfaellt.
						    oskar@zappa.unna.ping.de

--==_Exmh_-285878228P

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: 2.6.3i

iQCVAwUBMi3EdLA63tqjeAhZAQHjCQQAt5e8H3lLs/TX5cR0irqATrwKyIh36ieu
kuBGaDp22oDghypVAXjYK9APdyZicISz9zS8KQiY5/l0vLFbLWTqiWVoGwBj/+Gf
rZRK5QBZ8zf7u/ZaNybrmtYXHICSxRehHuoukOv8ccrjwiSJ1gzf8ebsKWC1P00U
Yf3kNsM9ofE=
=C2mS
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

--==_Exmh_-285878228P--