Subject: Re: Applix / not enough memory
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Christos Zoulas <christos@deshaw.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/01/1996 21:05:32
In article <199609011644.TAA09806@pyy.jmp.fi> jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi (Jukka Marin) writes:

>jmarin@pyy ~ %(217)Could not open X display!
>Your display is set to ahven:0.0
>The X server does not seem to recognize this.
>Could not open X display!
>
>I was trying to use an X server running on an Amiga and I thought it might
>be the one to blame, but trying a real X server didn't make things any
>better. :-(
>
>Has anyone got Applix running on any NetBSD system?

Try setting 'xhost +' and/or your display to the ip address:display.screen.
Also make sure that your x-server has the applix fonts loaded.
Applix works fine for me (sunos binary) and after the changes I committed
yesterday the solaris 2.4 binary works too.

I am not sure if the licensing stuff will work though.

christos