Subject: Re: Applix / not enough memory
To: Christos Zoulas <christos@deshaw.com>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 09/01/1996 19:44:16
> >I installed another 16 megs on my SS1+, but Applix still says "Not enough
> >memory".  Unlimiting things does not help.
>
> Ok, I spent some time on the problem [I decided to first fix the Solaris
> emulation before I looked at the `Not enough memory' problem], and I found
> the cause...
>
> edit /usr/src/sys/arch/sparc/include/vmparam.h and change MAXTSIZ from
> (8*1024*1024) to (32*1024*1024); rebuild your kernel.

Yep, that fixed the memory problem.  I still can't get Applix running,
though.  This time it complains:

jmarin@pyy ~ %(217)Could not open X display!
Your display is set to ahven:0.0
The X server does not seem to recognize this.
Could not open X display!
Your display is set to ahven:0.0
The X server does not seem to recognize this.
Could not open X display!
Your display is set to ahven:0.0
The X server does not seem to recognize this.
Could not open X display!
Your display is set to ahven:0.0
The X server does not seem to recognize this.
Could not open X display!
Your display is set to ahven:0.0
The X server does not seem to recognize this.
Cannot start axmain

I was trying to use an X server running on an Amiga and I thought it might
be the one to blame, but trying a real X server didn't make things any
better. :-(

Has anyone got Applix running on any NetBSD system?

Thanks,

  -jm

--

                     ---> http://www.jmp.fi/~jmarin/ <---