Subject: Re: [post-1.2] scsibus attachment changes...
To: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
From: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@ux2.sp.cs.cmu.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 08/30/1996 07:32:07

> > Chris Demetriou sez:
> > #
> > # [ this will only apply after the -current tree goes back to mirroring
> > #   the revision control tree trunk, i.e. some time after 1.2 is
> > #   released. ]
> >
> > "...after the -current tree _goes back to mirroring_ the revision control
> >  tree trunk..."
>
> Excuse me, but I often grab the source archives from
> NetBSD-current/tar_files/src.  What sources are these?  The post-1.2-current?
> If so, I guess there's really no point in installing 1.2 as I'm already
> running code later than that.. :-I

As is announced at the beginning of the release process, the
NetBSD-current tree mirrors the release branch until (a bit after) the
release has been shipped.

There are two purposes for that, really:

	(1) get many more people to test the release code, and

	(2) allow people to step off the bus, and get back to a stable
	    and unchanging system (i.e. the release), if they're
	    tired of tracking -current.

chris