Subject: Re: An annoying failure I've seen a lot of.
To: Dave Burgess <>
From: Zdenek Salvet <>
List: current-users
Date: 08/29/1996 09:32:48
> Stupid Question #2:
> The purpose of this little exercise was to try and get Staroffice (a
> Linux Office Automation suite) loaded and tested.  It is looking for a
> Motif 2.0 library.  The authors don't want to sell it (or give it away).
> They are considering building one that works with Motif 1.2 or
> statically linking the library in.  Does anyone have such a beast (I'll
> assume Linux/ELF format for a second) they can 'release', even for a
> short while?

According some people, it is possible to run without Motif using
symbolic link from to (lesstif should do also).

> Stupid Question #3:
> I also have a copy of Informix which provides me precisely the same
> problem the Linux executable did (I love flea markets).   I
> assume I will need to fill an /emul/svr4 directory with the same
> stuff as I did for Linux.  Any insight on what I might need?  Do we
> even support dynamic SCO executables?  Any sources on where to get
> this stuff?  Am I going to have to add the COMPAT_SVR4 option back in?
> Will the Linux stuff just make it work?  I'm going to try it tonight,

I have COMPAT_SVR4 configured and Linux stuff is OK.
(Haven't tried any svr4 app yet.)

Zdenek Salvet
           If God had meant for us to be in the Army,
         we would have been born with green, baggy skin.