Subject: Re: istrip (was Re: isprint())
To: Jukka Marin <>
From: Greg A. Woods <>
List: current-users
Date: 08/23/1996 14:01:54
Jukka Marin writes:
> Yes!  Please!  I want working 8-bit chars in elm subject entry etc.

Maybe during "entry", but note that RFC-822 and all subsequent related
recommendations do not allow 8-bit characters in any e-mail headers.

One reason for this is simply that there are too many possible 8-bit
encodings of characters to "guess" at the right one.

Here's an example of what you have to do instead:

I don't remember the RFC #'s, but I'm sure you'll find them if you go
looking for things related to e-mail.

							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 443-1734			VE3TCP			robohack!woods
Planix, Inc. <>; Secrets Of The Weird <>