Subject: Re: NetBSD package tools
To: None <tom@aspc15.as.arizona.edu>
From: Brook Milligan <brook@trillium.NMSU.Edu>
List: current-users
Date: 08/23/1996 08:27:39
   I am just preparing to upgrade from XFree86 3.1.1 to 3.1.2 and
   the documentation recommends "using the NetBSD package tools".
   Does anyone have the foggiest idea about where I can locate these?
   "pkg_add" is the particular tool in question.  When I installed
   3.1.1 I just untarred the relevant stuff into /usr/X11R6, and I
   could just do that again ....

Look for the packages tools on ftp.netbsd.org in
.../NetBSD/packages/tools/src/pkg_src.tar.gz.

I had to change some of the Makefiles and rename some man page sources
to have it compile straight using make.

NOTE TO CURRENT-USERS WIZARDS: Should we update these files so it will
compile "out of the box?"  (Sorry about the forwarding to
current-users, but it seemed like an easy fix that might help
especially folks installing XFree86).  If this seems reasonable, I'll
send in the fix (where and in what form?).

Cheers,
Brook