Subject: Re: netatalk
To: Bill Studenmund <>
From: Virtually Here <>
List: current-users
Date: 08/21/1996 09:27:34
Bill Studenmund just said:
> I'm interested in playing around with in-kernel AppleTalk support, and am
> wondering if anyone has a port of netatlk running on NetBSD.
Haven't tried netatalk on NetBSD (since we don't have DDP in the kernel),
but CAP works just great through bpf, albeit slowly. ;-)

> Also, what would be the chances/requirements for getting netatalk
> integrated into the kernel (as an option, of course!)?

Glad to see somebody is working on this.  I've left the cross-platform
stuff to my Linsux box, since NetBSD doesn't support SMB or DDP, although
I'd jump at the chance to move everything to NetBSD, and re-install NetBSD
on my Linsux pile of junk. ;-)  Please keep us up to date of your
progress Bill.

  //  Scott Ellis   //   //   //
// WARNING: This signature warps  time and space in its vicinity    //