Subject: Re: Chris Torek: Re: i386 interrupt counters
To: Jordan K. Hubbard <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
From: Darren Reed <avalon@coombs.anu.edu.au>
List: current-users
Date: 08/21/1996 23:19:24
In some mail from Jordan K. Hubbard, sie said:
> FYI..

Checkout pstat(2) under HP-UX 9 and 10 (there is only a man page on 10).

For what its worth, I've written a version of w(1) using pstat(2) that
worked as well as the original except it wasn't setuid-root.  I'm sure
the same could be done for ps(1) on HP-UX and there is a top-style tool
called "yamm" for HP-UX that doesn't need to be setuid root.  I also
believe that some of the vmstat/systat type tools also use this interface.

I think pstat(2) is an excellent idea, so long as you don't believe that
the information needed by ps/w, etc, doesn't need to be private.

Darren