Subject: Re: q about package utilities
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Thomas Graichen <graichen@axp5.physik.fu-berlin.de>
List: current-users
Date: 08/17/1996 11:47:04
William O Ferry (WOFerry+@CMU.EDU) wrote:
:
:     In my case, I have /usr/src set up as a pair of union mounts so that
: the NetBSD sup tree is in /usr/local/src and my changes to it are in
: /usr/local/localsrc.  That way sup can update its files, and a simple
: script can update my files if the NetBSD version of them change.  But I
: rigged sup to grab the FreeBSD ports files as well, so that I can use
: most of their ports (some will require additional patches for NetBSD,
: but that's pretty easy to do).

can you send me the scripts you use for updating your files if the NetBSD
version of them changed and eventually tell me a bit more about other things
to take care for then using your union mount scheme

thanks in advance

  thomas graichen    graichen@mail.physik.fu-berlin.de    graichen@FreeBSD.org

  perfection is reached, not when there is no longer anything to add, but when
      there is no longer anything to take away    antoine de saint-exupery