Subject: Spongy mounts [was Re: No timeouts? NFS problem...]
To: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
From: Bert Driehuis <driehuis@playbeing.org>
List: current-users
Date: 08/16/1996 07:51:21
>If you have soft mounts it will.
>
>     -s      A soft mount, which implies that file system calls will fail af-
>             ter Retry round trip timeout intervals.

Whatever happened to spongy mounts? I think they disappeared in 4.4-lite. I
was always very fond of them: no (or very reduced) risk of losing data, but
the nice semantics when doing a df or find on a hung mount.

                                        -- Bert

------
Bert Driehuis                 God, grant me the serenity to accept the things
driehuis@playbeing.org        I can't change, courage to change the things I
                              can, and the wisdom to know the difference.