Subject: Re: Recommended swap (from install notes)
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Holo.Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: current-users
Date: 08/13/1996 21:28:44
> I've seen reports of people having trouble compiling large kernels &
> programs on some ports due to the default 'datasize' limit of 16M.

I find that "make build" under NetBSD/sun3 reliably crashes on me
during the build of libc because make runs out of memory...unless I
specifically raise the VM limits before starting.  (I'm not sure which
limit matters; I usually just raise them all as far as they'll go.
I've been assuming it's the datasize limit that matters.)

					der Mouse
		    01 EE 31 F6 BB 0C 34 36  00 F3 7C 5A C1 A0 67 1D