Subject: Recommended swap (from install notes)
To: (NetBSD/current-users Maillist) <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David Brownlee <david@mono.org>
List: current-users
Date: 08/11/1996 12:16:28
	Most of the ports' install notes recommend a swapspace of 2*ram.
	On a 4mb machine this would give <12Mb of virtual memory, which
	seems very tight. Running X+netscape on a 8mb machine with 16mb
	swap also seems optimistic :)

	Given NetBSD's swap allocation method the 2*ram does not seem
	to apply any more.

	Would it make more sense to recommend ram+swap figures for
	each of the four options (advise, with X, needed, with X).
	(something of ther order of 32M,64M,16M,32M ?)

                   David/abs             (david@mono.org)

.---- I've been too drunk to love ----.--- I've been too drunk to remember -.
|          Too drunk to care          |     The hell of the night before    |
|  Looked like death, felt like Hell  |    I've been drinking myself blind  |
`------ Been the worse for wear ------'--- And still I'll drink some more --'